Wow. It's been a really long time since I last posted. Not that I think anyone has really noticed since I've only told three people about this blog, but still. Even if this is nothing more than my journal online and I'm the only one who ever reads it, I feel bad letting it sit so long neglected. So, it's time to brush off the dust and do a quick update on what has happened in the past year:
1. I got married. And miraculously, the day before my wedding I went in for another appointment with my doctor about my mono and he declared me completely cured. He had been sure I still had the worst of it ahead of me, but prayer is a powerful thing and I was back to full health for my wedding. Yahoo!
2. About three weeks before school started in the fall I was hired to teach 7th and 8th grade history at a different junior high than the one where I had been teaching study skills, so I packed up my classroom, moved into a new one in another school, and settled in for a year of actually using my history teaching degree.
3. In January I found out I was pregnant, which my husband Peter and I were very excited about, and in May we learned that it is going to be a boy. I am due on September 30 which means I am now in my 6th month of pregnancy. I was really lucky the first trimester--even though I had quite a bit of nausea, I only threw up about five times, and never at school. Not even when I had a kid get sick and throw up all over the floor (and the binder belonging to the kid sitting next to him). Good times.
4. In May I left teaching for now, since I have decided to stay home with my baby when he is born. It was surprisingly hard to leave since I really enjoyed the school I was at, but I'm sure I'm making the right decision for my baby and me right now.
5. Peter and I bought a condo in the town just south of us, so now we are home owners. It is definitely a fixer-upper and that will occupy most of our time in August, but Peter loves projects and is enough of a Mr. Fix-it to get it looking like a home by the time the baby comes.
Well, I think that's it for the really big news. Hopefully I'll be better at posting, and then maybe I won't feel so bad about telling people to come read my blog.