Thursday, July 10, 2008

I Like July

Independence Day is one of my favorite holidays. I'm a sucker for parades and barbecues, and it was fun to share it with Jonathan this year. We hosted my parents for breakfast and then found a great spot to watch the parade with the shade of a big tree and some very nice clouds. Jonathan got increasingly serious as the parade wore on. I'm sure it was because he was contemplating the meaning of the day. Here he is all happy at the beginning:


And feeling really cool wearing Peter's hat:

With his flag shortly before he ripped it off of its stick and I had to take it away:

And finally, watching a big balloon very seriously. Doesn't his profile look kind of like something from a Peanuts comic strip?

It was lots of fun. He also started to officially crawl at a barbecue at Grandpa and Nana's house that day, and today he learned to clap. This is such a fun age--he seems to learn something new almost every day. How amazing to see it all happen!

7 comments:

Sam and Heidi said...

He's such a cutie. Amazing how much he looks like Peter. Reyn is looking more and more like Sam everyday. But every now and then he'll have an expression on his face that is definately me. Makes me happy. So he's crawling, eh? What fun! The walking is not far behind. I finally bought Reyn a backpack/leash--too scary in public places when he wants to be put down to walk by himself. The leash doesn't keep him from running, it just keeps me running behind him.

Charmain said...

Becca! He's a DOLL! I love the serious face he has while studying the parade. I'm glad you've posted more pics!

Missy said...

hey becca! i totally think jonathan looks like a mini-peter... what a cutie!

Megan Miley and Chris said...

Hey! I found your blog hurray! What was that website you found that has a holiday for everyday of the year? I think that would be SO much fun! Sounds like you are just as= "weird" as I am. We aren't weird we're COOL! : )

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

And the learning will continue. My daughter's 18 months old, and it's a delight to see her learning new skills and games all the time. :)

Lindsay said...

My goodness, how CUTE that baby is! He is such a keeper! Glad you had a fun holiday!

Marty and Emily said...

Peter,

This is Marty Johnson. Remember me? I just saw a link to your blog on Matt's blog and thought I'd say hi. so... Hi. What a cute family you guys are by the way.